Sunday, April 14, 2013

Prom 2013!


This past Saturday was my school's Prom. It was such a blast! I honestly thought it wouldn't be as good as it was.

First, Abby came over. She is my "stylist", going to beauty school to perfect her hair, make up, and nail art skills. She never ceases to amaze me! My nails looked perfect (even though the Rhine stones fell out) and my make up was flawless! We spent roughly 3 hours on it all, which really isn't too bad for most girls.







After Brandon arrived, we headed out to Biaggi's with my two friends, Josh and Brianna. The food was DELICIOUS. I got Fettuccine Alfredo. Yum yum yum yum yum!
Brianna, myself, Brandon, and Josh

Josh and Brandon



I had low expectations, mainly due to the fact that all I heard was rumors about prom just being "ghetto" music and inappropriate dancing. Those rumors, really, weren't that true. Of course, there were a few girls dancing promiscuously, but they were more of towards the "pit" (excuse my "Warped Tour" terms. The "pit" is the little area closest to the stage), and a bit away from where my friends and I danced. The DJ was even good about not playing too many trashy songs, too.



My favorite part about the dancing was when they played the song "At Last" by Etta James (a beautiful classsic- of course, Brandon and I dubbed it as "our song" as a couple). I went up to the DJ booth about half-way through prom, requesting that song. I wrote it down on the paper, then went back to my friends to continue having fun. As it started getting closer to the end, I told Brandon to go up there to request it, since they tended to play songs if a lot of people went up to them. He came back a few minutes later, said that they wouldn't play it because it's "too old".

Guess what the next song was?

Yeah. Long story short, I'm dating a punk.

The Juniors, of course, had to stay after to help clean up. Since most of my things were in Josh's car (we carpooled), Brandon and I ended up riding with him to take us to my place, so we could quickly change for after prom. We were part of the few that ACTUALLY stayed to clean up, so our adviser said that we had until 1:30 to be back, or they'd call our parents. So we rushed to changed, wait for Josh to pick us up, then grab a quick grub to eat and some energy drinks at a near-by gas station. At about 1:15 I get a call from my mom, saying that we were supposed to be at after prom, and that she was called by another parent. Very frustrating! So we rushed back, and explained to the chaperons what the adviser should've told them.


Besides that, after prom was so much fun! It was basically a big party. Ping-pong tables, twister, a Velcro wall, a bungee wall, dodge ball, and this foam-knight outfit where you had to try to knock the person's head off. They also had delicious snow cones and a fun photo booth!

Photo booth


Josh on the Velcro wall

Brianna
Brandon

Josh, Brianna, and Brandon

Brianna, me, Brandon

Brandon...

Nathan (one of my friends) in a "knight" suit

PHOTOBOMB (blue on my mouth from snow cone)

Me






No comments:

Post a Comment