Thursday, April 4, 2013

Exploring First-Shooters

Ironically, the first post I make on this blog doesn't really have much to do with my quest to Japan. Since I haven't had class in two weeks due to Spring Break, I really haven't done much in progression with that. During my short vacation, I made it my goal to read and study. With my amazing procrastination skills, I've done the exact opposite, only accomplishing a few things: playing video games, practicing for my school's dance recital this Saturday, and updating my Spring wardrobe.

Anyone who knows my love for video games, knows that I love "3rd Person-Shooters" and RPG's. I've always felt free in expressing my distaste for first person, mainly due to the reputation of them being "just for the kill." The closest I've ever gotten to playing anything that resembles a 1st Person Shooter are 1) Skyrim, I had trouble sticking with that, and 2) The sniper guns in Uncharted.

 Anyways, with my PS3 downstairs and temporarily inaccessible for a little bit (due to kitchen/living room reconstruction), I really craved to play some sort of video game. I remembered that my brother had left his Xbox at home from college, and said I could play it anytime. The bad thing is, though, he only has the first two games to the "Halo" series.

Slightly annoyed by the slim selection, I decided to give it a try. I knew I'd be able to get to Playstation 3 in half an hour once the workers left, so I figured that I could just run around for a bit.

Right away- I was sucked into the story-line! Since the video game is quite a few years old, the graphics weren't the best, but I still found it absolutely enticing to play. I ended up playing the first game for 3 hours. It took a while to get used to the Xbox controls and the 1st person format, but that only made it more fun for me.

Halo is your typical sci-fi video game, where you play as one of the last "human" (since I'm not quite that far into the game, I really am not sure if that's what they call themselves. According to Wikipedia, it's something along the lines of Forerunners) species, and you have to ward of these crazy alien creatures. It's entertaining so far.

Needless to say, I may check out Call of Duty since that's compatible with Playstation, which I enjoy a lot more.
Surprisingly Entertaining!

No comments:

Post a Comment